Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Words, Words, Words

We all know that a picture paints a thousand words, but not all projects have to have pictures. Sometimes all that is needed is a good word, or two.



About 18 months ago (eek - that long already?!) I participated in a circle journal. For those of you who don't know what that is - a brief explanation of what is involved. A group of ladies each started a small scrapbook, choosing a theme, and any 'rules' they wanted (eg bright colours - you know who you are!) We had two weeks to complete a layout, and send it on to the next person on the list. We would then receive the next scrapbook, and the process would repeat. And repeat. Until at the end we had back our own, now complete, scrapbooks. It was a lot of fun, and a great way to challenge yourself to scrapbook topics and use materials that you might not normally.

And so now to todays blog. The theme for this scrapbook was words. Choose one word, and scrapbook about it. My word was learn. This layout took a little bit of figuring out. I was used to having photos as a focal point. There were a few false starts. But then my lovely word stamps came to the rescue. And the beloved rough edges alphabet. Love that set!

And here is where I ended up. (Please ignore the alphabet used for the word 'learn'. It is a retired set that I momentarily forget the name of. Terrible, I know, but there you go, that is why my word was learn, and not remember!) Patterned papers are also a mystery -non SU, using up bits and pieces from my stash. That rusty strip down the side of each page looks a bit like ribbon but is actually a scrap of paper (I don't throw anything out!)


I can tell you that the ink colour is Really Rust - one of my favourites. And the stamps - the soon to be gone rough edges alphabet, expressive flexible phrases (25% discount on both of these while stocks last) and the cool circle stamp is from the Polka Dots and Petals set, also retiring now.

So there you go. you don't have to have photos. If you are a scrapbooker, why not try this out sometime? Go on, it's a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment