The 'Spring Flowers' and 'Spring Showers' Designer patterned paper packs from SU have both been keeping a low profile for the past year. Although they have been available to purchase, they were missed from the catalogue, so of course, people didn't always know about them.
Both sets have the same designs, but the colours are slightly different. 'Flowers' has coral and moss in the mix, while 'showers' has bashful blue and caramel. Although both sets do contain some floral papers, they also include pages with more 'neutral' patterns, so can be used for both feminine and masculine projects. (I have a pdf file with the swatches for both sets. Email me if you would like me to send it to you). They also coordinate perfectly with the 'Looks like Spring' stamp set and the 'Spring Flower Bouquet' three flower punch. And they are retiring this month!
So here are some samples for you, two of my favourite scrapbook layouts. These will be familiar to many of you - they have done the rounds on my display boards!
Firstly though, a little side note about the photos. The lighting in our apartment is terrible. I am still trying to figure out just how best to photograph projects here, so please excuse the less than great photos! (and remember, if you click on the photos they will enlarge, which may make it easier to see the details!)
For this layout I cut around the outline of the flowers from the patterned paper. It took AGES, but I was really pleased with the finished look.
Ingredients for 'Safe' Layout (All SU!):
- Spring Flowers Designer papers (using three of the patterns from the pack)
- Mellow Moss and Very Vanilla Card
- Mellow Moss Ink
- Big Deal Aphabet stamps
- Rough Edges Alphabet stamps (retiring this month - get in quick!)
- A-Z accents stamps (for the little tag - retired last year - sorry!)
- Black Stampin' Write Journaller, Hemp Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals, sponges
Ingredients for 'Plotting Mischief' layout (All SU!):
- Spring Showers Designer papers (using three of the patterns from the pack)
- Creamy Caramel and Very Vanilla cardstock
- Creamy Caramel and Bashful Blue Ink
- Looks Like Spring stamps (retiring this month)
- It's a Date stamps (retiring this month)
- Warm Words
- Day to Day flexible Phrases stamps (retired already)
- Newsprint Alphabet stamps (retired already)
- Round Tab Punch
- Spring Bouquet Flower Punch (retiring this month)
For this second layout I decided not to cut the flowers out! Instead I used the stamp set 'Looks like Spring'. The large flowers are stamped and cut by hand. The smaller flowers are stamped and then punched using the Spring Bouquet punch. The three different flowers line up oerfectly with the three different flowers on the stamp, making it a quick, easy, and best of all, unique embellishment for your projects.
As mentioned, all these lovely spring products (papers, stamps and punch) are retiring this month. The good news is they are on special!
Both paper packs have 50% off - now $6.98 +pp (and just think, in the catalogue last year they were $19.95, so it jst gets better and better!)
The Punch has 25% off - now $26.95 +pp
and the Looks Like Spring stamp set is part of SU's Red Cross Bushfire Appeal. No discount to you, but 50% will be donated to the appeal to support those people affected by the recent Victorian Bushfires. I will cover the postage on all bushfire sets. Contact me for more info!
Of course, being on the retired list these products will not be available after March 31, or sooner, if they sell out - no backorders available. Get in quick if you are keen!