(Bridie likes this book too!)
Not forgetting the whole 'growing up' theme (Bridie wore a 'Princess pull up' to bed last night. Up until then, she had been in nappies at night. Pullups were on special, so cheaper, and I thought to myself - the girl is growing up - why not make the move to pull ups?' Probably more than you ever needed to know - but the look on her face, she was so proud of herself! Making that transition from baby to little girl (or big girl, as she prefers to be known!) - if that isn't worthy of a scrapbook page I don't know what is.
And then there could be the special milestone birthday projects - 5, 13, 21, 40.....
Or other comparisons...
- primary school versus secondary school
- living 'here' versus living 'there'
- country kid (Peter and I both grew up on dairy farms) versus town kids (our children are true townies - I was a little sad the day that thought dawned on me - I think we were visiting a farm and they complained of the smell...)
- before I had children (my house was oh so quiet!!) compared to the bliss/chaos/noise of motherhood .....
- how about some inter-generational comparisons - whose grandfather (or father?!) didn't have to walk x miles (pre-metric days of course) to school, rain or shine, with no shoes? Back in the dinosaur days. Good times!
- life before the internet/microwave/dishwasher etc. My how times have changed - and that's just in recent years!
Making this list has just reminded me of this layout, done a couple of years ago. Not the greatest in the world, but it fits this particular theme - who knew how different doing the laundry would be with a baby girl in the house!!