Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

new pjs

So I think I have about 100 birthdays and other special events waiting to be scrapbooked, and yet somehow, Bridie's new pyjamas made it to the top of the scrapbook to do list.
Actually, I can tell you how that happened. The arrival of Bridie's new pjs, and her resulting obsession, coincided with the arrival of my brand new 'on board so tweet', fresh from the new SU catalogue. Six sheets in the pack - enough birdies to make a lot of pj layouts. And I especially like those branches that you see below, they could be fun.
If you don't have a whole lot of birdy pj photos, remember there are enough pieces in the pack to easily divide between two - four people (and better on the budget too!). See page 146 of the new NZ catalogue for a peek at all the pieces.
The So Tweet chipboard birds were a little fiddly, but not difficult to use. This time I covered them with card - paper would have been a bit easier to use, but I didn't have paper in those colours, so card it was. I did use versamark ink and some background stamps to clear emboss a bit of interest on some of the chipboard pieces. After I had used a craft knife to trim the card from around the chipboard, I used sponges to ink around all the edges - just to help hide any of the bits that may have been a bit wobbly.



I am really loving the ABC alphabet sets at the moment. This time it was the lowercase version for the title - I love the nice clean lines. A little bit of journaling to explain the pj obsession, and stick it all together. To finish up I sponged around the outside of the layout - pink pirouette ink on pirouette card, for a nice subtle look.


Ingredients for this one:
  • Card - Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Baja Breeze and Whisper white
  • Ink - Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Baja Breeze, and Versamark
  • Rose Red and Regal Rose Stampin' Write Markers
  • Clear Embossing Powder
  • Stamps - Boho Backgrounds, Sanded, ABC Alphabet Lower
  • Sticky Strip and Sponges
  • On Board So Tweet - (birds and hearts)

No comments:

Post a Comment