So I think I am addicted!
All day long I kept thinking about projects made with the colours choc chip, baja breeze, kiwi kiss and white! I really did enjoy doing the colour challenge, so when Bridie decided to have a now rare afternoon sleep, and the boys were going out sledding - it was decided. Another project beckoned!
This time round I used the lovely stamps from the 'Bloomin' with Beauty' set - some of you have used these stamps with me before when we made our tile coasters. Just beautiful for colouring.
For some interest on the background I used the long retired 'french script' background stamp (current equivalent = en francais). For a subtle look, I sponged ink onto the stamp, and then applied light, uneven pressure to the card, repeating several times until I was happy. I wanted it to look a little patchy - partly to hide the fact that I needed to stamp twice to cover the width - still haven't figured out how to do that with a really clear image, and not have the join really clear too!
The main image was stamped on watercolour paper, and I used my blender pens and ink pads to colour it in. The great thing about watercolour paper is that you can worry away at it for a while, and it won't disintegrate like normal card does when it gets wet. (Stamp Club ladies - More on water colouring next month!)
I used the white signo gel pen to emphasise the flower centres, and mounted it to the card front with stampin dimensionals. That extra lift really helps to focus your attention.
Some piercing around the edges, with the help of my trusty mat pack, and a touch more of that kiwi kiss (slowly coming around to it!) - using a circle punch to round off the ends.
Another project down, and I nolonger have the house to myself....
...time to go and fold that big mountain of holiday laundry.