Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Colour Challenge Butterflies

I was so pleased to see that Kristina Werner had a colour inspiration up on her blog.  I always enjoy them, and since they are nolonger a regular feature I couldn't let this one pass me by without giving it a go.  So here are the colours:


And here is what I came up with:

As is so often the case I sat down with an idea in my head, and this was not it!  Different stamp set, different techniques, different everything, but I really had fun with it.  I have used my stampin write markers and aqua painter to water colour the butterfly from the 'Dreams du Jour' stampset.  They just look so pretty and were a lot of fun to do.


The sentiment is actually a rub on, from the Summer Mini Catalogue 'chitchat' rubons - very convenient if you don't have (or want) a whole lot of sentiment stamps.

For the finishing touch I was going to tie some ribbon at the top of the card, but decided instead to go with strips of card.  Card is less bulky than ribbon, and it also mimics the card layers around the butterflies more than ribbon would (it can also be a less expensive option if you are wanting to keep costs down).

Thanks Kristina, for another wonderfully inspirational challenge.
Ingredients:
Card - Baja Blue, Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Watercolour paper
Markers - Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, More Mustard, So Saffron
Ink - Baja Blue, Basic Gray
Sentiment Rubon - 'Chit Chat' (NZ Summer Mini Catalogue)
Eyelet Border Punch, Aqua Painter

7 comments:

  1. that's pretty I looked at the CIC & thought eek those colours are too hard - love what you've done

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous, Tracee. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Tracee! You've made the colours really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful butterfly card! I love the way you have used the colours and created such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty butterfly card! Hope you had a lot of fun with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the butterfly card.

    ReplyDelete