Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

A Wallet for Dad

"A father is someone who carries pictures in his wallet where his money used to be"
Author Unknown
Well ain't that the truth?!  Not forgetting the receipts too, of course!  So what could be more perfect for a card for Dad than a brand new wallet?
Many of you joined me to make this great project this time last year - just in time for Father's Day in New Zealand.  From all accounts it was well received too - especially when the Dad's discovered it wasn't all receipts inside this time!
We used all chocalate chip card, inked and sponged to give it that worn in look, and completed it with some faux stitching - paper piercing using the mat pack, and then stitching drawn on using a choc chip marker.  A square of acetate was also added to the 'photo pocket' - just like the real thing.  Other pockets are perfect for notes, gift cards, vouchers, perhaps the winning lotto ticket? 
This year I think I may try another wallet card, but this time I am thinking I will try a cool embossing technique I saw a while ago, to make it really look leathery.  If it turns out okay I will be sure to share it.  Otherwise we might just forget about that until perhaps next Father's Day, and be glad that this is the kind of card that can be easily recycled from year to year!

Stamp Club Ladies - check your emails - I just sent you the instructions to make this project - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment