Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

big and bold meets simple and elegant

Well I did manage to do a bit of creating today, but haven't managed to take a photo yet. Since I am determined to get a post done today, I instead went hunting through the photos I did have, and found this card. It may look familiar to some of you - this was one of the cards we made last year for my 'World Card Making Day' event. What a fun day that was!

So anyway, on with the card...

(Oh my, it is not the best photo, but if you do what I obviously did when I took the photo, and lean your head to one side, it does kind of look straight! I might try again in the morning and see if I can do better) * as it turns out the new photo wasn't really any better, so you might need to use your imagination a bit - sorry!

This was actually a very quick and easy card. The background stamping was done with the jumbo 'happy, happy birthday' wheel, inked up using the soft sky inkpad (rather than a cartridge) and stamped on soft sky card, for a nice subtle look.

The main image (which is easier to see in the close up below) was made using the 'Big Bold Birthday' stamp set, and was stamped using soft sky (for the box) and silver (for the bow) and matted onto a square of silver card.


And that was it! I really liked how simple and elegant the finished card looked (and did I mention it was quick?!)

Working on some 'train' stuff at the moment, to share soon, and I really should get some photos developed - I think I am overdue for some scrapbooking (might have to hunt through my photos again, for old projects not yet shared!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment