Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Gathering supplies for another K Werner challenge

Well, gathering ribbon anyway...

The colours for Kristina's challenge this week include a couple of my favourites - basic gray and really rust, along with more mustard and very vanilla.

Although I really like those colours, I had to think about this one for a bit. Initially I was going with the Baroque Motifs stamp set, and a touch of embossing powder (I love how that swirly background looks when it is embossed!) Somehow instead, I ended up with something completely different, with not a baroque motif in sight - this project was definitely one that 'evolved'...

No stamping at all this time - just punches (5 petal flower, boho blossoms, and the 1 3/8" square), earth elements buttons, and the beautiful basic gray taffeta ribbon - knotted through the buttons, and gathered on the adjacent squares.


It has been a while since I gathered ribbon on a project - this taffeta is just perfect. I love the look and it is really not difficult - I will add a gathered ribbon tutorial to my list of things to blog about soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! what a beautiful card! I love the gathered ribbon! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love your gathered ribbon. Fabulous job!

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete