Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Lots of Monster Valentines

It's that time of year again - Valentine production line!  I did think this year I might take the easy way out and just let the kids choose valentines from the shop, but both boys (and several of Hayden's friends) asked if I couldn't please make those same valentines we made last year?  

So we settled on a compromise. With coughs and sniffles in the house (mostly me!) I didn't think homemade treats would be a good idea, but we could still make the same matchbook style of valentine with chocolates from the shop.

As it turned out these valentines really don't take so long to make, when you don't make the chocolates too!  Both boys were keen for a monster theme so I got to have a play with the 'Make a Monster' stamp set.  4 sheets of white card and (apologies - I decided to use up some of my stash of retired card - taken with teal and green galore, and a splash of pumpkin pie) 12 sheets of coloured card later (and a bit of cutting, scoring, stamping and sticking) and we were good to go with 48 valentines.  

We stamped one of the greetings from the 'Something Sweet' set.  It seemed perfect for the occasion.  Bridie wants robots on her valentines, but she doesn't need them until Monday, so we still have a bit of time to work on them.  We just have to survive the boys impending sugar hit between now and then.  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment