Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Something Old, Something New...

something that has come out of retirement, and of course, something blue!  No, nothing to do with a wedding, just a card I made to show you some of what is in the new catalogue.  Can you guess which is which?

Something old (Carried over from the last catalogue):
Fifth Avenue Floral Stamp Set (the flower on this card is made from several flowers that have been stamped, cut up, and reassembled)
Cropadile (the little circles in the centre of the flower were punched using the cropadile) and 1" circle punch (for the curves at the end of the greeting)
Something New:
Scallop Trim Border Punch (I used it all around the outside of the mat, and I love it!)
Something that has come out of retirement, or back from a mini:
River Rock  - an old 'in color' that is making a comeback - yay!
Teeny Tiny Sentiments Stamp Set - back from the latest mini catalogue - a very versatile greeting set.
Something Blue:
Baja Breeze - an 'in color' from the last catalogue, that has returned as one of the revamped core color range.
Now, while I love this new border punch, I must confess that my favourite part of this card is the flower.  I love the texture it has, with a few of the petals turned up, and that lumpy, bumpy flower centre.  Worth the effort of cutting out all those flowers anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment