Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Big Bold (Boys) Birthday Card

I have long been a fan of the 'Big Bold Birthday' stamp set.  I suspect that when the new SU catalogue comes out this stamp set will not be there, which is a shame because it really is so versatile.  After all - everyone loves presents and cakes right?!  It was perfect for a birthday card for Campbell's friend last week, complete with just the right number of candles on the cake:

I crimped a tiny scrap of 'Good Morning Sunshine' patterned paper to make the cupcake paper, and that was also the inspiration for the colours used.  Some glitter on top of the cupcake and of course those candles, add a bit of sparkle (just enough to make it fancy, but not enough to make it girly - heaven forbid!) and some quick wheeling with the Happy Happy Birthday jumbo wheel helped to finish the card off.  

We wrapped the gift in plain paper and left the card out of an envelope (hanging it from some coordinating ribbon instead) to show it off.  The boys approved, so I decided to make another similar card while I was on a roll, to put away for the next party.  I'll post that one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment