Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Another Masculine Card

Recently Hayden's class had a unit on Ball Room Dancing.  They had lessons over several weeks, culminating in a 'Red Hot Ballroom Dancing' competition, which they all loved.  They took it really seriously too, with all the kids dressing up for it - meaning, for the boys - shirt and tie (for the lessons and the competition). Hayden does have a tie of his own, but when one of his teachers produced a box of ties for the kids to borrow he decided he would do that instead.  Which was great for me - it gave me the perfect opportunity to make one of these men's tie cards :
I had seen a tutorial a while back, and had filed some notes away in a folder.  Unfortunately I failed to note where I saw it, so if you know please remind me so I can give credit where it is due.  

I had intended to have a more, well, 'sophisticated' tie on the front of this card, but then I saw the 'Good Morning Sunshine' papers and it reminded me that the ties in the borrow box did tend towards more of a 'retro' feel.  I teamed the tie up with some saffron, pacific point and chocolate chip card.  It is a little hard to see in the photo, but the tie and 'collar' really pop up off the card.  I think it will work really well as a thank you to Mr D from Hayden.

1 comment:

  1. I can actually see your Good Morning Sunshine tie making a come back - very cool looking

    ReplyDelete