Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Birthday Cards for Boys

Both of my boys had birthday parties to attend this week, so we got to work, whipping up some birthday cards suitable for boys. For the first card the colours came straight from the latest Kristina Werner challenge which was just perfect for boys.

I used Taken with Teal, Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, and white. As always, I decided to go with a pretty simple design, and have my punches do a lot of the work.

The stamps are from the Bugs and Kisses stamp set - a favourite of my boys (and girl). To add some interest to the card squares, I added coordinating brads to the green squares, and used the crimper and mat pack on the teal and baja squares respectively. These tools are both great for adding interesting to boys projects, without making them too 'girly'.

The second card I have for you is actually the first one I made, a couple of days ago, so it doesn't use those challenge colours. The stamp set I used has not yet appeared in the NZ/Aust SU catalogue - I have my fingers crossed for a mini appearance some time soon, but was disappointed to see it just listed on the USA retiring list. My boys LOVE dinosaurs - and don't they all? Here's hoping we see it again soon!

The colours I used here were Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, and So Saffron. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to get all those dinos lines up right where I wanted them. Once again, a super quick and easy card. Reports back were that Mr 7, the birthday boy, and a dinosaur fan himself, was suitably impressed. Whew!

3 comments: